YOUNG ENVIRONMENTAL RESEARCH GRANT 2017 (YERG)
Call for Applications!!!
The second series of Young Environmental Research Grant, (YERG 2017) is now open for applications. The Young Environmental Research Grant (YERG) is an initiative by the Malaysian Nature Society funded by HSBC to inoculate a sense of appreciation and conservation of Malaysia’s natural heritage through science and research.
The Young Environmental Research Grant is designed for energetic and passionate Malaysians between the ages of 18-30 years old and in any government or private universities/colleges who are currently working on their Final Year Project (FYP), Post Graduate Research or any other related projects. All YERG applicants must be a member of the Malaysian Nature Society. (Contact MNS to enquire on the various types of membership). New members are also eligible to apply.
10 successful recipients will receive a grant worth of up to RM 10,000 depending on the application submitted.
- Field Study/ Research – The YERG will fund research on any project that is initiated to conserve Malaysia’s biodiversity, natural resources and ecosystems which include forests, wetlands, mangroves, coral reefs and peat swamps. These projects may be terrestrial, marine, estuarine, freshwater or aerial in nature.
- Community Outreach Projects – Projects for the development of the special/underprivileged communities and/or their livelihood that inculcates sustainable living practices.
How to Apply:
- Completed application form should be submitted via email to email@example.com along with the proposal of the research project. ( The application form and guidelines can be downloaded from the link below)
- New Membership Registration can be submitted along with the application forms.
- All enquiries for further information on the Young Environmental Research Grant should be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 3 December 2017
Ms Shiyamala Sivakumar
MALAYSIAN NATURE SOCIETY
JKR 641, Jalan Kelantan, Bukit Persekutuan,
50480 Kuala Lumpur
|YERG Information and Guideline|
|DOC||YERG Application Form|
|DOC||MNS Membership Form|