Centre Program Officer – ecoCare Centre
Designation: Centre Program Officer (ecoCare Centre)
Department: Environmental Education Division
Location of Work: Kertih, Terengganu
Immediate Supervisor: Centre Manager
Immediate Subordinate: N/A
Formulated: 2nd July 2018
Revised: 5th July 2018
Purpose of Job
The overall purpose of this position is to develop & implement programmes for community and volunteers in order to increase the awareness level on mangrove conservation at Kertih River.
The incumbent also contributes to the efficient day to day operations of the Centre.
Supervisory Duties – N/A
1. Responsible to assist Centre Manager about the management of the Centre.
2. To conduct environmental education programs for students (ranging from kindergarten up to higher institution) and adult (private company, corporate, government, public, ecoCare Volunteers, local community etc).
3. Develop, designing and implement environmental education program modules, flora & fauna study and research.
4. To conduct mangrove rehabilitation program (mangrove replanting, survival rate, growth rate, mangrove nursery, replanting site etc).
5. To handle inquiries, prepare quotation and event orders.
6. Arrange the client accommodation, food arrangement, transportation, bookings, preparation for the program etc.
7. Assist in Centre promotion and environmental education program through website, social network, leaflets, email blast etc.
8. Undertaking any other tasks/duties as may be reasonably required.
1. Can communicate and writing well in Bahasa Malaysia and English
2. Good attitude and interpersonal skills
3. Pleasant and friendly disposition, service oriented, pro-active, helpful
4. MUST be able to work on weekend and Public Holidays if needed
5. Experience in hospitality industry will be an added advantage.
6. Must be is passionate about nature conservation and enjoy working with students and public.
7. BSc degree in Environment, Conservation Biology, Biodiversity, Forestry, or related Biological Sciences, preferably with experience in conducting field survey.
8. Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply.
Contact: ecoCare Environmental Education Centre
Phone: 019-3605867 or 019-9830897
Email us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org