KSNP Volunteers Day 2022 #6 – Mangrove Restoration (Mangrove Tree Planting – 18 June 2022)
KSNP Volunteer Day program is held monthly on the third or fourth Saturday. This year the volunteer program is developed to rehabilitate the degraded areas and to restore and conserve a healthy mangrove ecosystem at KSNP through public engagement. Participation from the public including MNS members aims to empower the ownership and raise awareness of locals and stakeholders on the importance of mangrove for its environmental resources and values.
This program was started in 2021 by Kuala Selangor Nature Park with support from MNS members and public partnerships. KSNP receives funds and support from various local and international corporate partners and funders to run the program successfully.
The objectives of this program as below:
- To create an awareness on the importance of the mangrove ecosystem through the mangrove rehabilitation program for the conservation and protection of Kuala Selangor Nature Park.
- To nurture a society with a conservation mindset by participating in hands-on activities.
- To provide opportunity for the concerned public to contribute actively in the restoration of mangroves and ultimately, the betterment of our nature and environment.
- To strengthen the support and concern of the public in protection of KSNP.
- As an educational platform for participants to know, feel and experience the mangrove ecosystem.
- To support the Government of Malaysia agenda through the 100 Million Tree-Planting Campaign.
KSNP Volunteer Day #6 – This time our target is to plant 2000 mangrove saplings in the degraded areas. The tree planting activity may be tiresome and dirty but we are sure the end result would be definitely fulfilling and satisfying. Here is some further information to share.
- The Volunteer Day activity is a fully sponsored event by KSNP and donors; therefore, there will be no costs on participants. We do welcome donations to support our programs and to upkeep the park. An official receipt will be provided by the Malaysian Nature Society (MNS) for your kind donations.
- Registration is only via online through a ‘Google Form’ that is shared on a monthly basis links and QR Codes to the form can be obtained from the MNS website or the KSNP and MNS social media platforms. Links will be available at the beginning of each month.
- Attire: Wear suitable clothes, a cap or hat; and a pair of long socks. Rubber boots and gloves will be provided. Mosquito repellent is advisable.
- Meals: There will be no meals provided. However, you are welcome to bring your own food. Bear in mind, no polystyrene containers are allowed. Do bring along a bottle of water and we will provide a refill water at the water station. Take note to not feed any wildlife.
- Additional: Bring extra clothes to wash up after the activity. Do bring any personal medication if necessary.
- SOP: Only participants who are fully vaccinated and with low risk status are allowed to participate. Screening will be conducted at the entrance. Children must be accompanied by fully vaccinated adults.
- All the participant is required to show their MySejahtera status on arrival to event facilitator during attendance registration.
- All the participants are required to scan 2 different QR codes on arrival, (Event Attendance QR Code & KSNP General Info QR Code). Please read carefully all information on the registration form and provide the correct details for your attendance as the same data will be extracted for your E-Cert.
KSNP Volunteer Day 2022 #6 – Activity details
Date: 18th June 2022
Time: Starting at 8.30a.m – until finish planting
Entrance Fee: Waived for Participants
About KSNP: https://www.mns.my/ksnp-centre/
To register, scan the QR Code in the poster or click the link below: