MNS – BOH Field Study Centre
MNS-BOH Nature Study Centre was first set up in 1989 using unoccupied workers quarters generously provided by BOH plantations. The Centre has been established as a retreat for nature study and appreciation as well as relaxation.The Centre is located at an altitude of 1400 meters amidst tea field in BOH Tea Estate, near Ringlet, Cameron Highlands. Peaceful and refreshing, the Centre has a panoramic view of the surrounding valleys and mountains. It offers visitors a unique opportunity for a homestay experience in a tea plantation as pleasant walking trails through tea fields and patches of forest and more rugged treks into the forest are readily available. MNS – BOH Nature Study Centre Reservation Desk at Kuala Selangor Nature Park (KSNP)
- 8 Chalets (with attached bathrooms, hot showers, wardrobe and able to accommodate 16 pax)
- 1 Dormitory (with sharing bathrooms, hot showers, wardrobes and able to accommodate 30 pax).
- Fully furnished common kitchen (equipped with gas stoves and cooking utensils).
- Cozy common hall with:
– Fireplace and chimney
– Dinning-cum-meeting area
– Reading corner
– Barbeque zone
- The Centre is the ideal place to escape from the heat and the hustle and bustle of city living,
- Begin the day with catching the sunrise at the Centre, where you can enjoy the panoramic view of the entire Boh Valley.
- The more energetic can climb up Gunung Cantik and experience the mossy forest.
- Visitors can walk along tea plantations, observing how the tea is planted to the factory where tours are conducted to explain the history of the tea and how it is processed.
- For the birdwatchers, early morning is the best time to spot some of the 100 species of birds that has been spotted at the BOH Estate.
- Cool nights in Cameron are very suitable for outdoor BBQs. Visitors can utilize the BBQ zone for this, however, the Centre will not provide any equipment or materials.
- The Centre provides environmental education activities for students, nature and country side tours upon prior arrangements (this is subject to availability).
Contact UsMNS BOH Field Study Centre
Hostel Prakash Div Conference Hall Ringlet, 39000, 39000, Pahang P: 03- 32892294
Facebook : www.facebook.com/MalaysianNatureSociety.Official
**Bookings need to be made at least 30 working days prior to the date of visit.
Dear MNS Member’s,
MNS BOH Field Study Centre is temporarily closed due to COVID19 outbreaks & landslides near facilities. Centre had been closed for safety precaution and will announce via MNS social media & website once centre is ready to be reopen. (1st December 2021)